Types of Yoga:
Free Online Classes and Guides:
Yoga Pose Glossaries:
Modifications for Accessibility:
- Eyes Free Yoga
- Curvy Yoga
- Sun Salutations for Plus Size: DeColonizing Yoga (*)
- Chair Yoga: Spark People
Yoga for Menstrual Pain:
Yoga for Bedtime/Insomnia:
- Bedtime Yoga Sequence (*)
- Morning Routine: Tara Stiles (*)
- Dashama (*)
- Ekhart Yoga (*)
- Ace Fitness
Yoga for Stomach Pain and Sickness:
Yoga for Flexibility:
- Becky-Fitness (rebloggable version here)
- Flexibility and Range of Motion: Tara Stiles (*)
- Flexibility Flow: Tara Stiles (*)
Yoga for Posture and Back Pain:
- LiveStrong Woman: Tara Stiles (*)
- Sarah Beth Yoga (*)
- Women’s Health
- Deborah Burkham
Yoga for Runners:
Yoga as Cardio:
- Runner’s World
- Yoga with Adriene (*)
- Buttkickin’ Power Yoga: Duncan Yoga (*)
- Cardio Warm-Up: BexLife (*)
Purchase Yoga Equipment:
Practicing Yoga Respectfully and Consciously:
- Examining Power, Privilege and Oppression in Yoga Service
- Why I Left Yoga
- Yoga and the Exclusion of People of Color
- The Difference Between Cultural Exchange and Cultural Appropriation
- Is “Fitness Yoga” Cultural Appropriation?
- The Yoga Debate
WARNING! Links marked with (*) will open directly into a video or gif.
I started at 154 lbs and am now 132 - my initial goal was 135. I’m so proud of how far I have come, I’ve accomplished something that I never thought was possible. I did this the healthy way - by changing my diet to smaller, healthier, and less frequent food portions, along with taking up running. I am so much more confident in my skin. It has been an amazing journey, but it’s not over yet and I have a new goal of 120-125 lbs. I hope to reach that weight by December of this year. i am so thankful for my friends and family who have supported me through this and I hope they all know how inspired I was because of all of them. You get what you work for.
Benefits of yoga!
Lunch today is basmati rice & tofu marinated in soy sauce, with a dab of chili garlic sauce.
Doing yoga just in my bra and underwear this morning was a great decision.
My mind goes from “Look at my thick thighs” to “Yeah, but look what they can do!” And it was just a great and successful exercise in loving and appreciating my present body